A simple go to that will have you wanting more. My Blueberry, Apple Cinnamon Crumble is the ultimate comfort food, quick and easy to make and perfect for a last minute dessert which will impress your friends and family.
5 Cooking Apples
1 Cup of Frozen Blueberries
150g Golden Caster Sugar
200g Gluten Free Oats
100g Vegan Margarine
Pinch of Salt
1. To start peel and remove the skin of the apple and dice into sections. Pop the diced apple into a sauce pan with the water and 50g of the gold caster sugar.
2. Boil over a medium heat until the apples are mushy.
3. Take the apples of the heat and stir in the frozen blueberries and place this to one side.
4. Blitz the oats until you have a flour like consistency.
5. In a separate bowl, add the blitzed oats, cinnamon, margarine, ginger and remaining 100g caster sugar together. Using your hands join up the ingredients until you have a crumble consistency.
6. In a heat proof baking casserole dish, layer the apple and blueberries at the bottom. Top this with a layer of crumble.
7. Baked for 45 - 60 mins at 180 degrees.
8. Leave to set and add to your favourite vegan ice cream!